Re: Small bug with latest version of (X)HTML validator

John H. VanOphem <jhv@dragobit.com> wrote:

>When I validate http://dragobit.com/yjn3/ which is XHTML 1.0 strict
>doctype, using the advanced options to show the outline and source, it
>validates properly but does NOT show the requested outline or source. It
>seems to ignore those options.

What's happening is that the Validator supresses the Outline etc. when the
page being checked is Valid. IOW, when you used the DOCTYPE Override, the
file no longer Validated and so the Outline etc. appeared.

Based on the feedback so far, it looks like we'll bring this functionality
back in a future version. Probably by way of a "Verbose" option on the
"Extended Interface" page.

--
I have to admit that I'm hoping the current situation with regard to XML
Namespaces and W3C XML Schemas is a giant practical joke,   but I see no