XML Validation (Re: Unsupported doctypes (Re: problem))

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Nick Kew wrote:

>	The XML
> validation webservice at http://valet.webthing.com:8000/ reports three
> errors, all of which are about invalid xml:space declarations in the DTD.
>
> > (chop document - looks like valid XHTML to me)

We've been investigating that in #validator.  Terje found the solution
in the errata at openebook.org: the DTD is in error, and you should update
the FPI to PUBLIC "+//ISBN 0-9673008-1-9//DTD OEB 1.0.1 Package//EN"
"http://openebook.org/dtds/oeb-1.0.1/oebpkg101.dtd"

- which again goes to show the value of a native XML validator over
an OpenSP-based one for X(HT)ML.  Gerald, are you listening?

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.