Re: Free hosting services append invalid HTML ads

[ CC to QA IG. See
<URL:http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2002Jun/0089.html>
for the original message. ]

Michael D. Crawford <crawford@goingware.com> wrote:

>At least one free web hosting service appends HTML advertisements to
>members' pages that cause otherwise valid HTML documents to no longer
>validate.

Perhaps this would be a good thing for a "QA Outreach" person to take in
hand? Or the Conformance Manager (Hi QArl). :-)

Getting certain key places to use valid HTML should have a good
cost/benefit ratio. Free hosting services, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, etc.,
are all good candidates. Valid HTML there might encourage valid HTML in
everyone who looks to the "big sites" for the standard.

--
My mom is a professional botanist, or, as her spousal equivalent described
it, they'll be out hiking in the woods, she'll see a plant off by the side