Re: OpenSP (Re: Macintosh charset blowing up?)

Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org> wrote:

>At 02:24 02/01/10 +0000, Nick Kew wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Martin Duerst wrote:
>>
>> > About OpenSP: Do you know when it will support characters beyond
>> > plane 0?
>>
>>I don't think anyone's working on that.  In fact, there's very little
>>happening in OpenSP altogether: apart from validator people
>>(Terje, Liam, myself) the interest is mostly in OpenJade, and even
>>that's rather quiet.
>
>Thanks for the clarification. I got a bit of the same impression.
>
>I'm currently looking into just filtering out the messages
>generated because of characters beyond plane 0. That seems
>the easiest thing to do, I guess.

I'm not really here right now, so please forgive the drive-by posting.

I was under the impression that OpenSP supported pretty much all of
UNICODE, with the exception of some small and obscure changes made in the
spec recently. But it's been a while since I read up on UNICODE and SP's
support of it. Anyone want to elaborate a bit on this issue?