Re: Validator bug for HTML 4.01 Strict DTD?

"todd fahrner" <fahrner@pobox.com>
> On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 11:04 , Jim Ley wrote:
>
> > What particular script did you have in mind?  all scripts I know of
that
> > actually work in even a majority of browsers with appropriate
fallback
> > require a target attribute - it's depressing but it's the current
state
> > of the world, due to the way that window.open is disabled by
browsers.

> See the thread from a few days ago, "opening a link in a new window
> (hope this is ok for this list)". The meat:
> <http://glish.com/misc/fahrner.html>

Yes, and I replied to that post listing how it would fail to do anything
in 5 browsers either always or under certain configurations, that
certainly makes it useless to me.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2002Feb/0088.html

Jim.