Re: bug in validator?

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Alistair Turnbull wrote:

> > I can't reproduce anything remotely like this in Konq 2.2 either.
> > It seems frankly incredible, unless perhaps this was a Konq snapshot
> > built from some experimental CVS branch.
>
> That's possible. The unix service I was using is rather strange and full
> of historical oddities.

Heh!  Aren't all the best systems, in one way or another?

> I can't reproduce the behaviour in Netscape or IE. You can probably ignore
> it. But I didn't make it up!

I was inclined to ignore it at first ( "someone entered a URL
in the file upload box and got confused ..." ), but on rereading
your post, that seems unlikely.

Actually on reflection, this is probably down to the murky innards of
the validator, specifically the redirection from a POST to a GET URL.
Methinks it's time to thwack Terje about that one!

--
Nick Kew