Re: /etc/w3c/validator.conf

Serguei Trouchelle <stro@isd.dp.ua> wrote:

>Terje Bless wrote:
>
>>>I've downloaded check script from validator.w3.org, but failed to run
>>>it because of requirement of /etc/w3c/validator.conf file.
>
>>Where did you find that version of the Validator? CVS? The current
>>released version isn't supposed to require that configuration file.
>
>http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/validator/httpd/cgi-bin/check

Hmmm. Apparently, we need to do something about how we distribute this
thing. The version in CVS is not guaranteed to even compile, much less
actually work, at any given point in time.

>>The development version does require it.
>
>I've downloaded hourly bundle, and successfully installed this version
>under W2k (by the way, if somebody want a 'guide' to install it under
>W2k/ActivePerl, I can suggest it).

I'd promise to put up a W2K install guide, but I've promised that before
and never gotten around to it. If anyone wants to take on that task...

>>$CVSROOT/htdocs/config/check.cfg, which can be modified and installed
>>into /etc/w3c/validator.conf.
>
>I would never guess :)

Thanks for the heads up; we obviously need to document that.

--
"You gonna take advice from somebody who slapped DEE BARNES?!" -- eminem