Re: Validation as a Browser Plugin for MSIE

> On 16.09.01 at 22:33, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
>
> >The URL is <URL:http://valet.webthing.com/ie/>, and is still
considered
> >a prototype.  Please test-drive.  As ever, comments and suggestions
> >are invited.
>
> The concept is so cool I'm positively _panting_ to try it out. :-)
>
> However I couldn't get it to work in MSIE 5.5 on W2K NO. It flashed up
what
> looked like a script error dialog for half a second but then it
disappeared
> again and nothing happened. Could it be that it only works with the US
> version of W2K or MSIE? Or did I goof up somewhere obvious?

Well Nick, let out the script before I had a chance to flick my eye over
it (possibly something to do with the fact I was out of the country and
hiding from emails at the time.), it should have full error protection,
it currently doesn't...

The likely suggestion is that you do not have MSXML registered for some
reason, or it's a version different to the one we expect.

http://jibbering.com/msxml/  should prompt you to install version 3,
which it certainly works with, I'll get the code changed to better report
errors aswell, and we should track this one down.

Cheers,

Jim.