Re: Error requesting DTD-file on my server

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Tim van der Molen wrote:

> When the WWW-validator attempts to request a DTD-file on my server during
> page validation, it receives a "400 Bad Request" from my server.
>
> In the error log the server logs the following:
> "[error] [client 18.29.1.50] Client sent malformed Host header"
>
> Is this problem caused by a misconfiguration of my server or by the
> WWW-validator?

It's a bug in the validator's underlying SGML parser.  My fault.  When the
host was given as an IP address, lq-sp was omitting the CRLF for the Host
header.

I've fixed the problem in lq-sp-1.3.4.7, available from

http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/src/lq-sp-1.3.4.7.tar.gz

This new lq-sp is in action at

http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/

Regards,