Re: Sixteen Bit Fonts

Hello SherLok,

Moving to UTF-8 as the core encoding in the validator was
very helpful to do decent internationalization. Before that,
many actually correct pages (but e.g. in some Asian encodings)
were labeled as invalid, and on the other side, many mistakes
with character encodings went unnoticed.

That we don't convert back from UTF-8 is part lazyness, and
part an effort to move forward with internationalization.
In the age of XML, a browser that doesn't support UTF-8 is
quite a bit outdated. It's a pity that Lynx doesn't deal
with UTF-8 yet; maybe you can do something about that.

[Please note that when supporting UTF-8, there is no need
to display all characters. Displaying question marks or
boxes for those characters than cannot be displayed is
perfectly okay. Please also note that if you are working
on some kind of Unix, there is terminal software that supports
UTF-8.]

Regards,  Martin.