Re: Shaming compaines into improving their HTML

Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com> wrote:
> BTW, I don't agree with the common assumption that it would be a
> -good thing- if user agents started breaking horribly (e.g. like
> an XML parser encountering unwell-formed markup).  In fact, I think
> this would be a very bad thing.

Nor do I.  One thing I would like to see, however, is an indication on the
browser status bar when a page has coding errors.  IE does this when a page
contains a flawed script now.  If all browsers had some kind of indication
of poor coding, it may embarass the sites into coding correctly.

Regards,
John