Re: Reissuing 'Character Set' Note? Re: Betterinternationalization of validator

Martin Duerst wrote:

> At 05:00 01/05/22 +0200, Terje Bless wrote:
> >On 22.05.01 at 10:27, Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org> wrote:
>
> [discussing http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html-spec/charset-harmful]

[...]
> >I'd suggest you reissue it as a W3C Note only and remove the Expiration
> >date (and fix the formatting to match W3C style guide) if it's not intended
> >to expire.
>
> Dan, do you want to do that? Do you think it's necessary?
> I certainly think that your Note is still very valuable.

Well, a few of the details are a little goofy, and I'm
pretty sure it's subsumed by the I18N WG's charmod spec.

So I'm not sure it's worthwhile.

In fact, the thing to do might be to update it to say
"obsoleted by the charmod spec".

On the other hand, I've written the terms up formally
a couple times... once back in 1996

  http://www.w3.org/Architecture/theory/Character.lsl

and again more recently in a sort of RDF logic...

  http://www.w3.org/2001/03swell/charmod.n3

I hope to develop an integrated suite of formalizations
of URIs, XML, HTTP (including MIME).

Hmm...