Re: content-type

"Karel Volny" <kavol@email.cz> wrote:

> > Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because its returned
> content-type was text/plain, which is not currently supported by this
> service.
>
> for all of my *.xhtml files ... I know it is due to server misconfiguration
> but I have included

> charset=ISO-8859-2" />
>
> and the validator ignores this :-(

"meta http-equiv" is not the right place to specify the Content-Type
of your document.  Configure your server to send an appropriate
Content-Type HTTP response header.

By the way, the 'application/xhtml+xml' media type is not yet
registered (registration document is still an Internet Draft),
so it is inappropriate to use that media type except for limited
experimental purpose.  The validator will not support that media
type until it is formally registered.

Meanwhile, Amaya 4.3 experimentally accepts the 'application/xhtml+xml'
media type, so you may try it with Amaya for experiments.  See

    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/New.html

for more information.

Regards,
--