Re: Icons for XHTML1.1

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, hunter wrote:

> As stated on WDG's website...

Some years ago: things may have changed since then[1].

> "Unlike other validators, the WDG HTML Validator uses a special SGML
> declaration with custom DTDs. The result is that many custom DTDs,
> especially those built from the HTML 4.0 Transitional DTD, work
> correctly with the WDG HTML Validator but not other validators..."

What that means is that Liam has increased some of the builtin system
limits in the SGML declaration.  Where this is relevant is when
certain elements have gazillions of proprietary attributes, as can
happen when someone takes the already-bloated HTML4-loose DTD and
extends it to allow their favourite hacks.

It would very definitely not affect an XHTML 1.1 document.

[1] I'm assuming Liam will correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>