Fwd: FYI: UTF-8 BOM is now official

====== Forwarded Message ======
Date: 26.07.01 14:13
From: Rob Lugt <roblugt@elcel.com>
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

I see from the W3C web-site that the XML Core WG has created an errata 22
[1] addressing the utf-8 BOM issue.  It's now official, XML Processors are
required to accept UTF-8 Byte Order Marks (BOMs) at the start of external
entities.

Happily our XML Validator [2] has always taken this approach ;-)

Regards
~Rob

--
Rob Lugt