From: "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
To: "Nestor Diaz" <nestor@engendro.com>; <www-validator@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: DTD 4.01 for ignoring & in CGI URL

At 11:14 AM -0500 2001/7/23, Nestor Diaz wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have installed validator on my web site to check my pages to conform to
>the 4.01 standard ( i don't like to use w3 validator due to bandwith
>problems), however i will like to know if i somebody had made a patch for
>4.01 transitional dtd to not show an error where & is used as a separator
>for a URL, does it exist? i am not a experienced dtd programmer.

Why would you want to do this?  I mean, if you care about making your
HTML match the HTML 4.01 spec, why would you want to be able to allow
for non-compliant HTML by "patching" something which isn't broken?

(You actually can't, by the way, as this isn't something that's defined
in a DTD.  But my question is why you would WANT to.  I can't see the
point.)

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>