Re: Support for Priority 2?

At 09:36 AM 1/10/2001 , Jim Winkle wrote:
>I'm in the process of making a website conform to Priority 2
>(conformance level AA). It appears to me that the Validator
>service does only Priority 1, since the Bobby service
>( www.cast.org/bobby ) flags errors on my pages when Validator
>doesn't.  Is this correct? Is there a way to turn on Priority 2
>checking with Validator as there is with Bobby?

Jim, the W3C's HTML validator doesn't check for Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines compliance.  It only checks to see if
the page conforms with the published HTML specifications.

Compliance with HTML specs is a level 2 priority checkpoint in
WCAG 1.0, by the way.  That is the only true connection between
the HTML validator and WCAG compliance.

It's also important to note that no automated checker can
confirm WCAG compliance at any level -- not the HTML Validator
and not Bobby.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                    http://kynn.com/