Re: $NKF

At 09:39 01/02/03 +0100, Terje Bless wrote:
>On 02.02.01 at 15:54, Mike Holladay <mholladay@netopia.com> wrote:
>
> >I can't get past the $NKF, do you know where to get this at, or what I
> >need to do to disable it so I can finish working the other kinks out.
>
>You can try the attached version of "check". It strips any mention of nkf.
>
>However, I think it unlikely that this is your problem. nkf is only ever
>called if you need to do a charset transliteration. Since you don't, you
>should never need it. If this doesn't work you'll need to give more info on
>what is failing and how.

I agree with Terje here. An alternative would be to change
$NKF to point to 'cat' or a similar no-op filter program.
Maybe you have to adjust (remove!) the options where the
command is called.

>BTW, I'm leaving Martin in the CC, but I don't think he does any work on
>the Validator.

Not at the  moment. There are some patches (not from me, but
from a colleague) to change from nkf to iconv, which is both
more widely available and supports more encodings.
This is something I'm bugging Gerald from time to time (I hope
he reads this mail!).

Regards,   Martin.