Re: #validator IRC channel

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 09:13:39PM +0100, Lloyd Wood wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Gerald Oskoboiny wrote:
>
> > If you are interested in discussing the validator in realtime,
> > please feel free to join us! I think we both find the real time
> > chats quite a useful addition to email.
>
> It's only a useful addition if you have both chat and email; if you
> only have list email, the list is diminished as a result...

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow.

Eventually I would like for #validator to be logged online, like #rdfig
is for the RDF interest group. http://www.w3.org/RDF/Interest/#irc

> > (in fact, I have come to
> > realize that I have inadvertently been using IRC as a replacement
> > for email, and haven't been participating on this list very much;
> > sorry, I'll try to participate here more.)
>
> as this suggests.

That's my fault; there's nothing inherently evil about communicating
via both realtime and asynchronous protocols.

> so, do you just paste diffs into your chat window, or what?

yes, when appropriate/useful.

--
Gerald Oskoboiny     http://www.w3.org/People/Gerald/
tel:+1-613-261-6630             mailto:gerald@w3.org