Re: Xhtml /CSS validator- umlaut problem

The CSS validator seems to think that you're using unicode. Using
ä encodings etc. instead avoids those characters and thus avoids
the problem.

Try explicitly specifying the content type in your doc...

content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />

I imagine that the XML validator is less strict on document content.

L.

<L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>