Re: .html and nothing else

Bertilo Wennergren wrote:
> As far as I know there is no defined extension for HTML (irrespective
> of version number). Extensions should be completely irrelevant when
> files are served through http. There is no difference between HTML
> and XHTML here, as far as I know.
>
> An XHTML document might very well be served through an address using
> an "asp" extension, or an "cgi" extension, etc.

Of course.  My point was really that the media type for XHTML files
should continue to be text/html, and the way to ensure that this is
mapped correctly in most HTTP servers is to use the suffix .html.  Sorry
for the confusion.
--
Shane P. McCarron                  phone: +1 763 786-8160
ApTest                               fax: +1 763 786-8180