Re: .html and nothing else

(Speaking as an editor of the XHTML specifications)

There is no defined extension for XHTML.  XHTML is an XML grammar, so it
is appropriate to use the suffix .xml if you are serving it as media
type text/xml.  However, as most people continue to server XHTML as
media type text/html, you should continue to use the suffix .html.

--
Shane P. McCarron                  phone: +1 763 786-8160
ApTest                               fax: +1 763 786-8180