Re: new validator Re: [Bug] XHTML Strict Minimal document

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Liam Quinn wrote:
> Sometime I'll take a look at the RPM docs and give that a go...  The
> Offline HTMLHelp.com Validator [1] shouldn't be hard to package up
> with some RPM knowledge.  The online validator will be trickier
> because it's dependent on so many Perl modules and other utilities;
> perhaps it's worth trying Alien [2] on the Debian package.

Beware: RPM has been in flux for a while now, and most of the
available documentation is out of date.  Until Red Hat has a chance to
bring the documentation up to date, your learning curve will probably
be a steep one.

That being said, I would be interested in seeing a validator packaged
as an RPM, because that would be personally convenient for me.  ;) II
also have a good amount of experience with creating RPMs, so if you
can point me to a tarball that I can scoop up, I'd be willing to make
an RPM out of it for you.  (I might be able to do it in a timely
fashion, even...)

I'd be very skeptical that Alien could Do The Right Thing.  Does it
even know how to handle version 3.0.5 (or greater) RPMs yet?

--
James Ralston, Information Technology
Software Engineering Institute