Re: new validator Re: [Bug] XHTML Strict Minimal document

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Terje Bless wrote:

> On 25.10.00 at 14:29, Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Karl Dubost wrote:
> >
> >> New validator.
> >>
> >> It will be usefull to also a tool easily downloadable on their
> >> computers and that can walk a whole site. in my dream only !!! :)
> >
> >It's not a dream if you're using Debian:
> >
> >http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/wdg-html-validator.html
>

> RPMs? :-)

Unfortunately, no.  I don't have any familiarity with creating RPMs or
debs.  I was actually quite surprised that the Debian team was able to
package up the WDG HTML Validator so nicely.

Sometime I'll take a look at the RPM docs and give that a go...  The
Offline HTMLHelp.com Validator [1] shouldn't be hard to package up with
some RPM knowledge.  The online validator will be trickier because it's
dependent on so many Perl modules and other utilities; perhaps it's worth
trying Alien [2] on the Debian package.

[1] http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/offline/
[2] http://kitenet.net/programs/alien/

--