Re: What is "validation"?

At 01:33 PM 10/08/1999 -0400, Uriel Wittenberg wrote:
>Your question is awkward, because the correct answer involves contradicting the
>angry Kynn.

The what?

You seem to be the angry one, friend.

>The question remains: what does the validator validate, beyond adherence to the
>DTD?

Well, the behavior can be tested by anyone and the code is available
on the web, so couldn't you answer this question yourself?  It seems
to me that it validates adherence to a given DTD, and the way in which
it knows which DTD to use is for one to be provided in the DOCTYPE
statement.

What is the confusion here, or do you really enjoy simply splitting
hairs pointlessly?

Catch the web accessibility meme!                   http://aware.hwg.org/