RE: Bug? Javasvript and the <p> tag

Unfortunately, the Validator IS still correct in this case,and it knows
exactly where the <P> tag starts AND ends. :)

The problem is actually being caused by the <NOSCRIPT>...</NOSCRIPT> tag,
and the way <NOSCRIPT> is defined in the HTML 4 spec.  It is my
understanding that a <NOSCRIPT>...</NOSCRIPT> definition qualifies as a
block-level element,
(http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/scripts.html#edef-NOSCRIPT) and
according to the HTML4 spec,

"The P element represents a paragraph. It cannot contain block-level
elements (including P itself)."
(http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/text.html#edef-P)

You have (rightly) closed the <P> with a </P>, but that <P> cannot contain
any block elements, which <NOSCRIPT> is.  You'll see the same effect if you
try to put a list (<OL>, <UL>, etc.) or a table inside the <P>...</P>
tags...

Brian Gilkison
gilkison@one.net