Re: False Positive while checking @charset-tag

> On 27 Mar 2020, at 00:14, Technical Avatar <technicalavatar@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> I use jigsaw to check my css.
> (https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/)
>
> When I offer the css-file it occurs:
>
> Ergebnisse des CSS-Validators gk1010202.css (CSS level 3 + SVG)
>
> Ups! Es wurden die folgenden Fehler gefunden (1)
>
> URI : gk1010202.css
>
> 1 Die Regel @charset darf nur zu Beginn eines Stylesheets verwendet
> werden. Bitte überprüfen Sie, dass keine Leerzeichen davor zu finden
> sind. @charset "UTF-8";
>
> When I use "per Direkteingabe" and type in (correction: I use copy and
> paste to avoid spaces++!):
>
> @charset "UTF-8";
>
> It's okay!
>
> The file with the error has definetely no space infront the characters.
> My editor shows that it is the first character in the first line of the
> file.
>
> When I use to check it by URI
>
> https://www.g-kauft.de/cas/gk1.css
>
> the same error occured (Die Regel @charset darf nur zu Beginn eines
> Stylesheets verwendet werden. Bitte überprüfen Sie, dass keine
> Leerzeichen davor zu finden sind. @charset "utf-8";)
>
> The different (capital) characters "uft-8" vs "UTF-8" can be the problem.
> But if this is the case the error-text of the validator is wrong.
>
> So I'm of the oppinion that there is something wrong with the service.

Can you check that you don’t have a BOM at the beginning of your file?
It looks like it is related to the change introduced when fixing https://github.com/w3c/css-validator/issues/249
which is exactly that, a BOM at the beginning of the file is not valid, and it was wrongfully marked as valid by the validator a few weeks ago.
HTH,

        ~~Yves