False Positive while checking @charset-tag

From: Technical Avatar <technicalavatar@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 00:14:48 +0100
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Hello!

I use jigsaw to check my css.
(https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/)

When I offer the css-file it occurs:

Ergebnisse des CSS-Validators gk1010202.css (CSS level 3 + SVG)

Ups! Es wurden die folgenden Fehler gefunden (1)

URI : gk1010202.css

1 Die Regel @charset darf nur zu Beginn eines Stylesheets verwendet
werden. Bitte überprüfen Sie, dass keine Leerzeichen davor zu finden
sind. @charset "UTF-8";

When I use "per Direkteingabe" and type in (correction: I use copy and
paste to avoid spaces++!):

@charset "UTF-8";

It's okay!

The file with the error has definetely no space infront the characters.
My editor shows that it is the first character in the first line of the
file.

When I use to check it by URI

https://www.g-kauft.de/cas/gk1.css

the same error occured (Die Regel @charset darf nur zu Beginn eines
Stylesheets verwendet werden. Bitte überprüfen Sie, dass keine
Leerzeichen davor zu finden sind. @charset "utf-8";)

The different (capital) characters "uft-8" vs "UTF-8" can be the problem.
But if this is the case the error-text of the validator is wrong.

So I'm of the oppinion that there is something wrong with the service.

Despite this issue the validator is a great tool! THX!