Re: W3C: radial-gradient is not a background-image value

2013-08-21 16:51, John Munro wrote:

> I'm getting a W3C validator error regarding using gradients in
> background-image:
>
> Inline image 1

You should post the CSS code and/or URL, not an image (which was hard to
read in this case).

I can confirm that there is a bug in the CSS Validator: the code

html { background-image: radial-gradient(ellipse farthest-corner at
center, #ffffff 0%,#f5f5f5 0%, #e1e1e1 100%)}

is reported as erroneous, with the message

Value Error : background-image ellipse farthest-corner at center is not
a radial-gradient value )

This bug was reported in the list in April:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator-css/2013Apr/0001.html
There have been no comments to it, as far as I can see. CSS Image Values
and Replaced Content Module Level 3 has been Candidate Recommendation
since 17 April 2012, so it should be regarded as part of "CSS3" as far
as CSS validation is concerned.

> If I'm reading the spec
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-images/#radial-gradients> right I think this
> should be allowed.