Re: TARGET

27.10.2011 12:50, Ulrike Mueggenburg wrote:

> when I take the CSS-Validator for a website, I designed, there comes an
> error-definition: *I/O Error: fris??rinkiel.de*
>

>     Target: http://frisörinkiel.de/
>

> The website is:
>
> www.frisörinkiel.de <http://www.frisörinkiel.de>

It seems that the W3C CSS Validator cannot handle internationalized
domain names (IDN), such as frisörinkiel.de (with the letter "ö").

> Shall I take The definiton: *xn--frisinkiel--ufb.de *for the FTP-Host
> instead of *frisörinkiel.de?*

This is not about FTP at all. But yes, as with other software that
cannot handle IDN, you need to enter the domain name as IDNA encoded,
such as xn--frisinkiel--ufb.de.

The W3C Markup Validator knows how to handle IDN, so if you first use it
to validate the markup, then you can use the "check it" link near the
end of the validation report to use the CSS validator. The link has the
page address as IDNA encoded.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/