Re: Issue with servlet:

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008, Chong, Kenn Min wrote:
> Hi there!
>
>             I've setup the org.w3c.css.servlet.CssValidator.class as a
> servlet in Jetty properly.

Nice.

>             HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
>             PostMethod post = new
> PostMethod("http://10.0.2.249:9093/validate");
>             post.setParameter("text", str);
>             System.out.println(client.executeMethod(post));
>
> I always get this:
> 500
>

> <h2>Target: No file</h2>
>
> Indicating that the validator thinks I'm trying to validate with a file
> versus a blob of text. What am I doing wrong??

Are you using the last release or the CVS version. I seem to recall I
fixed a similar problem not too long ago, whereby POSTing content would
make the validator imply that you were POSTing a file, not direct input.

We're about to release the CVS code (tomorrow or friday if all goes
well), but if you don't want to wait feel free to get the dev code and
build the jar from it:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/css-validator/

--
olivier