Re: CSS Validator Error (font-stretch)?

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:10:57 -0000, James Marshall
<jamesspam2007@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> 1. how do I specifically invoke the old css2 profile?

You pick CSS 2 from the profile menu (I think it might be hidden behind
"more options" or similar).

> 2. The fact that 'font-stretch' now fails caused me to look at the
> css2.1 spec and I find that 'font-stretch' has been removed - so what
> has replaced it - or is there any other work around? I have used
> 'font-stretch' as a convenient way to scrunch up text to fit nav bars.

My understanding of CSS 2.1 is that it removes properties which lack
support (2 independent implementations), font-stretch is likely a victim
of this.

> Whilst validating with the old ccs2 spec is ok in the short term - in
> the long term my css code will have to be fixed to meet validation.  So
> better sooner than later - and I'm sure I am not alone in this.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was coming back for CSS 3.

> BTW I hit 'respond to this message' in the mailing list but the original
>   thread text is missing! What am I doing wrong?

"In the mailing list"? Do you mean your email client? That would depend on
what email client you are using. Many will only quote selected text if any
text is selected, its possible you selected a space.

--
David Dorward
   <http://dorward.me.uk/> - Freshly redesigned