Re: type=text/css

I found this old thread:

On 17 May 2002 at 09:36, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 18:28, Thanasis Kinias wrote:
>> I have observed that the CSS validator will not acknowledge CSS loaded
>> via a <link> which does not explicitly declare `type="text/css"', even
>> when the server correctly serves the stylesheet as text/css.
>>I may have missed something in the (X)HTML specifications, but AFAICT
>> there is no requirement to put `type' on <link> elements. Is this
>> intended/correct behaviour?
>
> It is an intended behavior but I'll ask around to check if it is the
> correct one.

After hours of debugging I found out, that the reason, why validator
tells me "No style sheet found" at the page where it about year ago
sayd "Valid CSS 2.0", is that I have no type attribute specified in
my link elements.

I also noticed, that the type attribute is only required for XHTML
documents. Why?

Anyway, the validator should warn you, that there's no type attribute
specified for your link element, instead of just giving "No style sheet
found" error.

Sincearly,

Rene Saarsoo