RE: Proposed changes in warning handling in the CSS validator

Hi Olivier,

I think ideally the service provided by the validator would be
structured as two separate tools: a validator and a lint-like best
practices checker.  People wanting, or needing for business purposes,
the gold seal of 'validity' would I think generally prefer to not
receive warnings along with that.  An extra click to have a tool provide
suggestions would I think be highly preferable, and would help newbies
better understand the difference.  (The link for warnings and
suggestions should be highly visible, right next to the Congrats
banner...)

 If that would push scope beyond what's practical, I think your proposal
below is a good step forward.  I agree with your judgment that the color
warnings are alienating more people than they are helping.

Best wishes,

Melinda