From: "Paul Norman" <penorman@mac.com>
To: "scott fetherlin" <linux@zianet.com>
Cc: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 6:37 PM
Subject: Re: css validation

>i am curious why my css validates straight from the website uri
>(www.linuxoverwindows.com) but not the stylesheet itself
>(www.linuxoverwindows.com/css/style.css)

The second file (style.css) is not being sent as CSS but is being sent
as HTML. The mime type being used is text/html. You need to change your
server configuration to send CSS files with the MIME type of text/css.

One thing that puzzles me is why it validates the CSS when you point it
at <http://www.linuxoverwindows.com>.

>pages seem to load fine in internet explorer but not in a compliant
>browser like firefox.

Firefox may be displaying your pages differently then you expect because
you are not sending your stylesheets as CSS.

--
Paul