Re: iso-8859-15 not recognized by CSS validator

On Sat, 2002-06-01 at 15:54, camille wrote:
> When i check my webpage for CSS validation (XHTML1 check is ok),
> it tells me:
>
> >Error
> >Target: http://www.cameuh.net/
> >Please, validate your XML document first!
> >Line 0
> >Column 0
> >The encoding "ISO-8859-15" is not supported.
>
> I think CSS Validator has to be upgraded to support this *new* charset
> that should be used by almost all europeans because of the "Euro" symbol.

This is correct and the problem is already listed:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/BUGS.html (item 3)

I sympathize with the issue for the Euro symbol, however the problem is
inside the XML parser used on jigsaw.w3.org. The new version of xerces
has not been tested with the Jigsaw server yet and therefore I cannot
replace it until we are 100% sure that it will work.

Philippe