RE: I-D ACTION:draft-zigmond-tv-url-03.txt

> A variety of software systems currently provide device-specific mappings
from such identifiers to specific channel numbers or
> directly to frequencies.  These systems can be incorporated into
television sets or set-top boxes to facilitate the interpretation of  >
television URIs by the client device.

What impact will time shifting of television content have on the URI scheme?
Will the scheme allow referencing television content which has been cached
locally and it not the current real time broadcast content?

-Jim
James F. Peters
Staff Engineer,
Motorola, Broadband Communications Sector
James.Peters@Motorola.com