From: hardie@equinix.com [mailto:hardie@equinix.com]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 1999 1:51 PM
To: jeff.sussna@quokka.com
Cc: hardie@equinix.com
Subject: Re: TV Broadcast URI Schemes Requirements

> So far as I know, there is no one in the country who cares about
> watching Channel 2/Sunday/9:00pm.  However, lots of people want to
> watch the X-Files.  What people want identified is the content, not
> the time slot.

A minor nit: Advertisers, who provide ancillary content, may purchase
time in this fashion.  They commonly do so in order to "blanket" a
series of channels with the same advertisement at the same time.  They
also commonly want to check that the advertisement did, in fact, occur
at the stated time.

A tiny market, I grant you, but one that cares a *lot*.

(Private response, but feel free to discuss on the public list)

			regards,
				Ted Hardie