Re: Where are we?

"Michael A. Dolan" wrote:

> There is another URI mechanism contemplated for pointing at shows and
> other resources and events in the receiver.
>
> There is a fatal problem with either of the syntaxes that you propose
> below in that the show is then implicitly bound to a particular
> service.  This is often not the case in practice, and the show may
> air on any of several services.

That's a very good point. Our show, in fact, is viewed in Australia,
Japan and many different countries. I'm assuming, then, under the
proposed scheme we would simply embed URI's with the base tv: attribute
without any network affiliation.

--sja
Scott J. Anderson, technologist
The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer
sjanderson@newshour.org
703.998.2117
ICQ communications center: http://wwp.icq.com/34675744
"I sing the body electric" -- Walt Whitman