Re: one more requirement

Sorry for the intrusion but what about setting the default value of the "tv:"
resource to be the current live tv channel/station/picture whatever it may be for a
given household/device. My understanding of current set-top design methodology
suggests that the set-top's tuner can be easily 'asked' for its current
setting/station. Default would simply be "tv:" with no parameters

When I worked at NetChannel with the experimental Navio set-top box we'd designate
an image (stream) of type tv by invoking "img src=tv: " .With no parameter this
would imply the current picture/station or whatever other source may be applicable
(VCR, DVD, VHS etc)

When one wanted to select a specific channel (say "6") we used "tv:6" to designate
the 'local' channel lineup as determined from the user's geographical location as
mapped against the particular cable system that user belonged to. We almost always
knew what network/program etc. a given cable channel would be. Given this knowledge
it should be a relatively minor issue to find a specific program or network for any
given user. The same could be said for a designator of type "tv:nbc" also.  One can
easily infer from web server environment variables that tv:nbc

As far an unique is concerend.  The problem could be easily rectified by referring
to a simple database of cable channel lineups for a given area. The difference is
on what station I might find CBS in my area, this can be determined by simply
asking the cable system in question.

Sorry if any of this is repeat.  Just thought I'd offer a few words.

Frey