Re: copyright permissions

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Jim Michaels wrote:

> thank you. I found the w3c license text
> at http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-20021231

I was referring to the license on:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/

...namely "You are granted a license to use, reproduce and create
derivative works of this document", but note that that applies
specifically to the WHATWG version of the spec and not the W3C version.
(They are more or less identical.)

> now if I can just get permission for the CSS3 spec summary. I noticed
> you are the author for at least some of those documents as well.

I unfortunately do not have the authority to give you any licenses on any
of these. I can only point to the licenses that already exist. I'm not
aware of any friendly licenses for the CSS specs currently, only the HTML
spec.

HTH,