Re: How to advertise acceptable content types sent via POST or PUT

* S. Mike Dierken wrote:
>But since I don't know of a standard way for a resource to advertise its
>various representations or to advertise its acceptable content, I think a
>simple approach like you suggest sounds neat.

See section 19.6.2.1 of RFC 2068, section 8.3 of RFC 2295 and section
19.6.3 (last paragraph) of RFC 2616. There is no means I am aware of to
inform the client about acceptable media types for POST/PUT/...
requests, but a server will send status 415 if the request entity media
type is unsupported.