Re: for Advisory Committee

Hi, James. It's been a while since I heard from you.

Tim forwarded your email to me. From this point onward, please feel free
to address your petitions to me, and I will respond.

I'm not clear on the purpose of your petition, and as we do our best to
prevent spamming of Member lists, I would appreciate a little more
clarity on your objectives... especially as the AC is not the body that
approves Invited Experts.

As you may know, W3C Working Groups accept invited experts, at the
discretion of the Working Group Chair. If you are interested in
participating in a W3C Working Group, and are able to make both the time
commitment required [0], you would need to contact the WG chair, be
approved by the chair, and sign the Invited Expert agreement before
participating [0].

Have you pursued this avenue for participation in a Working Group?

[0]
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010719/groups.html#good-standing
[1]
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010719/groups.html#invited-expert