RE: does table not come into getElementId context

hi

the ids are specified, and were recognized.  but the actual problem was not
that.

I could manage to get my thing done, but still the original problem remains.

What I was trying to do was, I was trying to read the background color of a
particular cell (td).  And then I was trying to change it.  But I couldn't
even read it using either directly or through style object.

say,
document.getElementById("id of td").bgcolor
document.getElementById("id of td").style.background-color

none of them are giving non null results.  I don't know why??? Can someone
throw some light..

regards

raghav..

Raghvendra Sharma
Software Solutions Business
NIIT Ltd.

C-125, Okhla Ph-1
New Delhi
6810801-08 extn-  2719,  2724
He who loses wealth loses much; he who loses a friend loses more; but he
that loses his courage loses all