Re: HTTP connection and multiple servers...

Le Jeudi 16 Août 2001 11:13, Danny Ayers a écrit :
> Hi Naresh (and all).
>
> >I think it is possible to achieve. If you use Apache JServ for
> >example, your client will be assigned a session ID. This session
> > will be associated to the box that first served it, so incoming
> > requests with this session ID (a cookie in fact) will be served
> > by the original box.
>
> Hmm - I don't think you need cookies at all, if you maintain
> session information on the server(s) then it it is possible to
> specify which box

If you don't use cookies, how is your session information going to be
identified ? I'm pretty sure that PHP, JSP and so on rely on cookies
for session identification.
To be precise there might be another solution. It would be to add an
extra header to your HTTP header. This as the advantage to be
invisible to the user (ie. no cookie blocking problem).
But it also as its drawback : you will have to implement the
session<->box association by your own (ie. you will have to
modify an existing product).

--
F.Deweerdt
frederik.deweerdt@rd.francetelecom.com