RE: Msg Header content

I respectfully disagree.

While RFC 2616 doesn't mention specifically how to handle such a situation,
it does mention that the order of individual field values for a given header
*is* significant. Thus I would think that common sense would prevail in such
a situation and the each subsequent new occurrence of given field value
would override any previous value so in the example Jim provided,
"keepalive" would override (i.e. replace) the previously supplied "close"
value.

Think of it as the server "changing its mind." It first decides the
connection should be closed at the end of this response, and then a moment
later, decides the connection should be kept open afterall but due to a bug
has already emitted a "Connection:close" header.

     "Fish"  (David B. Trout)
        fish@infidels.org

"Programming today is a race between
software engineers striving to build bigger
and better idiot-proof programs, and the
Universe trying to produce bigger and better
idiots.  So far, the Universe is winning."

                            -  Rich Cook