Re: effects of commercialization

James P. Salsman, quoting Norman Solomon, wrote:

> Over the next few years, while Internet usage continued to grow
> by leaps and bounds, the news media increasingly downplayed
> "information superhighway" imagery

Well Amen to that.

I may not be a widely-published media wossname, but I would like to
present my scholarly analysis of this.

Namely that people finally got bored of a tired and shallow metaphor,
and realised that saying it, like prepending everything with "cyber-"
was a great way to avoid being taken seriously.

This year's language fad is "e-"everything. I hope it goes the same
way.

Thanks then.

--
Andrew Clover