Compiling for Windows

>>From www-lib@www10.w3.org Tue Apr 25 07:29:11 1995
>Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 11:09:21 +0500
>Sender: www-lib@www10.w3.org
>From: ASKER BRODERSEN <pt94abr@pt.hk-r.se>
>To: Multiple recipients of list <www-lib@www10.w3.org>
>Subject: Compiling for Windows
>
>Hi,
>I am about to write a GUI web-browser for windows, and I have read on the
W3 homepages that the Library of Common Code 3.0 should contain an initial
port to Windows. But where is it? I downloaded the 3.0 lib &
linemode-browser, but I can find nothing related to Windows, only
UNIX-makefiles.

>Please help me out.
>
>Background for my need of this port: (Uninteresting?)
>I am studying Software Engineering at my university and am currently taking
a course called Individual Software-project. My task is to create a Windows
web-browser with extra features (animation: mpeg, avi & sound: wav, mod).
The result should be a freely distributed program. So I am to choose between
two options: 1) write everything from scratch, or 2) building my application
on top of existing code. As this is a 8 week half-time course I obviously
can't create it from scratch (this is the course in which we write our first
REAL programs), I have been busy the past few weeks looking at various
public code.

>The Library of Common Code seems to be the way to go, BUT I can't get a
grip on how to use it, so pleease help me out!

>/Asker

Christian Promitzer                                 cprom@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at
Institute for Information Processing and Computer Supported New Media (IICM)
                   Graz University of Technology, Austria
Voice: ++43/316/873-5644                                Fax: ++43/316/824394
                       /_/  |_|

For information on Hyper-G look at http://hyperg.iicm.tu-graz.ac.at/Chyperg