http performace....

From: Greg Sylvain <gms@spaceworks.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 12:01:08 -0400
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org
	Hello all,

	I've been reading some papers and articles about how to
increase the performance of Web Servers.  Specifically,  looking
in the direction of caching and "long-lived" connections as pointed out in the
paper "Improving HTTP Latency" by V. N. Padmanabhan (UCB) and J. C. Mogul
(DEC).

	Is there any way in the current (or future direction of the standard)
to tell a server to keep the connection open, since I will be coming to you
again soon ???

	This paper mentions the use of Pragmas, but the only Pragma that I
now of is "no-cache".

	Thanks for any insight you can offer,
	greg
--