Re: distinguishing browser types

lilley@afsmail.cern.ch writes:

 > Arena (all versions that I have used, from 0.90 onwards) send out
 > Accept: headers based on your .mailcap, but not the system wide mailcap,
 > for example

   [..]

 > Note that there are good quality factors for the HTML formats. I had
 > thought it sent out the stuff from /usr/local/lib/mailcap too, but
 > obviously not; a pity.

>From RFC 1343 (June 1992) :

            Location of the Mailcap File(s)

            For UNIX, a path search of mailcap files is specified.   The
            default  path  search is specified as including at least the
            following:

            $HOME/.mailcap:/etc/mailcap:/usr/etc/mailcap:/usr/local/etc/mailcap

            However,  this  path  may  itself  be  overridden  by a path
            specified by the MAILCAPS environment variable.

This is what Arena currently supports.

-h&kon

Hakon W Lie, WWW project CERN, CH-1211 Geneva 23
http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/People/howcome/